Friday, August 26, 2011

I was here...




(mute the music at the end of the blog)

Isn't it all of our goal to leave a mark and touch people's lives? I have always wanted to do something great with my life. When I started college I wanted to go into a field that would allow me to do so. I chose to go into Communications and English. I just new it would take me great places.

Chad came home from his mission and I knew in my heart I was meant to marry him and start that life. I knew it. So, I gave up my dream of moving to New York or somewhere equally amazing. Soon after getting married (and after graduating college)... I became a stay-at-home-mom. I honestly have an inner battle all the time with what I want out of life. I love being a mom, but I want to be something more as well. I day dream about a big career or being an author or something like that. Silly, I know. But, I really really want to leave my mark on this world.
THEN...
Today, I was sitting in my closet after cleaning up the mess Jett and Kaleb made for the hundredth time and Jett walked in and plopped his cute little self on my lap eating a popsicle and it hit me...I HAVE LEFT MY MARK. Just, in a different way than I originally thought. Some people become doctors, entertainers, philosophers and many other things...but some of us are lucky enough to be mom's. I need to remember just how lucky I am to have the chance to mother healthy, strong, and adorable kids. Some would give anything to have this opportunity. 

Jett and Kaleb are amazing and I am proud to be their mom. They will grow up to be something amazing and possibly do amazing things. I have been trusted enough to encourage them along their way and to make sure they get there. 

I know I can still do whatever I want in my life, and I plan to do so; but for now I am meant to be their mom and Chad's wife. It is enough. I am enough for them. I am all they want and need. I am proud to leave my mark through Jett and Kaleb and our family. 

 Kaleb at 1 month old
Jett at 1 month old
 So, here's my mark. Enjoy them!!! I know I do. 


6 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Dang it Cristel, You made me cry!!! I have been feeling the same way. I guess you could call it stir crazy or feeling like my life is redundant. I wish I would have come to the conclusion you did sooner. Thanks for opening my eyes to my #1 blessings; My family!

Anonymous said...

It's so crazy how fulfilling being a wife and mother can be! It truly is a blessing. Such a sweet post! Really made me reflect on how blessed I am to have such a sweet family! You are an amazing Mom and I feel blessed to have to for a friend and an amazing example! You ROCK!!

The Jones said...

Gosh, I loved this post so much! It absolutely gave me a new perspective about the mark both of us are leaving...It's the cutest, funnest mark of them all! haha...thanks Cristel.

The Miller's said...

I wouls say "Healthy" as well! I have been horrible though, I have wanted to call and talk to you forever now. At the end of every day I'm like "dang it, I didn't call her!" But I think that is why we have such a good friendship because we can go a long time without seeing each other and when we do, we pick up right where we left off :) I would LOVE to get together SOON (before his birthday party even, (if we can))!! I love your blog and you have some pretty hansom boys yourself! Your amaizing!!

Heidi said...

Thank you for this post!!
Pinterest is a stie that you can post/find ideas from crafts to recipes. The possibilities are ENDLESS!! You'll become addicted, so join!! :)

Heidi said...

Ok, crazy that you live next door and just found out-- small world. Thanks for your sweet comment!! :) Hope things are going well for you guys! You need to tell your mom hi for me, I miss seeing her at work!