Saturday, January 3, 2009
What's a Mommy to do?
Ok, so I am willing to take full blame for what I am about to complain about. It is entirely my fault. I thought I was loving Jett to the fullest by waking up with him multiple times in the night to feed him (even after 5 months). He is almost 10 months now and doesn't sleep through the night. He wakes up to eat...or should I say to cuddle while pretending to nurse. I wanted to give him what he wanted but now it is getting out of hand. I talked to my friend Elisa about it and she told me to try and comfort him in other ways and soon he will stop wanting to "suck". Well, I tried it and I caved. It is kinda that I want to cuddle him and make him happy mixed with I know it is what will allow me to get back to sleep the fastest. I am not going to lie, a part of me enjoys our quiet time together in the dead of the night but the more sane part of me doesn't because she understands she needs sleep. I cave everytime I try not to. The pediatrician has told me several times I look like crap and I need to sleep so let him cry it out and that there is no nutrional value in him eating in the night, but I am wimp and cave everytime. So, I am going to keep trying to break him of the habit but does anyone else have any other suggestoins? He is almost a year and I am planning on stopping breastfeeding then so I need to break him of his midnight snacking. Weening him from the day time will be a piece of cake, but nighttime I am worried about. Please help...I am desperate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment