Monday, January 5, 2009

A Life Lost...

Two doors away from Chad and I a young woman had her life taken away from her and since we found out I can't stop thinking about it. I didn't know her...just the occasional 'Hello, how are you?' type of thing...but I can't stop feeling the sadness of it all. While Chad and I were at home safe with our child sleeping she was at her home two doors away losing her life probably worrying for the saftey of her own child. Reporters and detectives came to our house asking what we knew and I was ashamed to admit that I didn't know my own neighbors well enough to say anything. I keep thinking that maybe I should've been nicer and tried harder to befriend her or noticed something that could've saved her. I read some comments posted on KSL about the murder and people were saying mean things and speculating about things they don't know about. Some said it's a bad neighborhood with meth labs so their not surprised and I just wanted to get on there and yell that it is a wonderful neighborhood but despite what the neighborhood is like doesn't make someone dying so horrifically any easier. Any life is worth respect even in death. She was someone's mom and someone's daughter, friend, neice, aunt, co-worker, and more. Her life was special and shouldn't be dismissed because people say she chose a bad boyfriend or neighborhood. Seriously, people on that comment bored talked about irrelavant stuff and forgot all about the poor woman and her family. I will probably be haunted by this for awhile and I only knew her in passing by so I can only imagine her family. I feel guilty for not noticing something was wrong. You never know when someone needs a prayer or help. My prays will be with her family as I know Heavenly Father is already watching over them and comforting them.

1 comment:

Joni and Rico Adams said...

Oh my gosh! Cynthia was telling me about this yesterday and I couldn't believe it! You will have to tell me more about it on Friday over lunch. I am so sorry. That would freak me out so bad. Good thing you have a big strong hub to protect you. I know that helps me sleep at night.