
I am not trying to be rude and in no way am I against President Obama, but I cannot stand how he (and his family) are considered celebrities. It drives me up the wall. They are on covers of magazines talking about their dog, Michelle is on the cover of Vogue...isn't there more pressing issues to discuss? And, I can't explain why, but it bugs that our Commander in Chief had the time to take in a Bulls game (courtside no less). All the perks of a celebrity if you ask me. He just sat their sipping his beer watching the game while the rest of us worry about how we are going to support our families (ok, an exaggeration, but you get my point). Seriously, I am not trying to say that just because he's president he can't enjoy himself. I think it's important to have personal time too. But, on the same hand he ran for president and he made certain promises and it's going to take a lot of time and attention to bring those promises to reality. Maybe being a celebrity and living the celebrity life should be put on the back burner (???). In over a decade there hasn't been a president at an NBA game (maybe because they were too busy running the country?). He chose to run for president and upon winning he promised to dedicate his life (for at least four years) to this great nation. He chose that. His life is no longer just his. We look to him in time of crisis. It comes with the job. Give us that attention. Am I being unrealistic? No. I'm not naive. I understand how it works. I get it, I do. He's playing the game. I went to school for four years (PR degree) to learn how to be a smooth talker (even in time of crisis). I learned how to play the game. I get that he's coming across hip, new, innovative, and maybe even "down with it". He definitely has vision and is connected with the 21st Century. I get it. AWESOME! But, I am just sick of seeing them on the magazine racks with features about something that has nothing to do with running our country. I'll admit, it's refreshing to have a semi-younger president that is in tune with our generation. I like it. It's great. I just find it odd that they are so in tune with Hollywood and the likes. Ok, I will shut up now. Steve, if you happen to read this please don't come after me later!!!! I mean no harm or ill will. :)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness Cristel! I don't think I'll ever reach your skill level when it comes to blogging! Seriously, I read your President Obama comment this morning and now there is a totally new background! How do you do it? Maybe one day I'll be as good as you are about blogging! :) ps this really is Nicole and not Dustin ;)
I totally agree with you. Just like he appeared on Jay Leno and everyone made a big deal about him being the first president to do so. Because its not a political show, its solely for entertainment purposes. It was a PR stunt and nothing else... let's stop fooling ourselves everyone. And if I hear one more effing story about their dumb dog or garden I will scream! Ha ha
Post a Comment