Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tramatic Experience at the Romero Home

We have a beta fish named Fletcher (since we had to get rid of Raider, we got a fish) and he is unusually dirty. I have to change his bowl almost ever other day...might have something to do with my OCD and Cleaning :)...but either way I do it alot. Today I put him in his little bowl that he swims in while I clean the other bowl. I put new fresh water in his bowl and needed to wait until it got to room temperature. I left Fletch in his little bowl and went in the living room to play with Jett. I came back in a little while later and to my shock and surprise Fletch wasn't in his little bowl. HE WAS ON THE COUNTER. He must've flipped out or something. He wasn't breathing. I immediately starting hoping up and down panicing in my girly voice all the while Jett looked on staring at me like I was a freak. I didn't want to touch the fish beings that he is slimy and probably dead so I got the net and tried maneuvering him in it. HE STARTED FLOPPING AND JUMPING AGAIN. Scared the crap out of me. Finally I got him back in his big boy bowl and he swam around. However, I am sure he has brain damage now. Who knows how long he was on the counter, but he just isn't acting like himself. He is swimming weird and he wouldn't eat his treat I tried to give him to make peace. I GAVE MY FISH BRAIN DAMAGE!!!!

4 comments:

Joni and Rico Adams said...

You crack me up! That is a cute story. It seems like you really love your pets :) He might have brain damage but at least he pulled through! He's a fighter!

Dustin and Nicole said...

Poor Fletcher!!! I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh but are you sure he wasn't just trying to scuzz you when you tried to give him his treat? And maybe he's swimming funny to get sympathy points? I'm just kidding, I'm glad he pulled through!!!! :)

Hooray for Us! said...

Cristel, you make me laugh! I'm sure he'll pull through it, it just might take him a couple of days to re-coup. Ya know, he's just sorta traumatized! I would be too! But, I'm with you, I wouldn't want to touch him either!

The Vining's said...

Your cracking me up!!! That is a little traumatizing.. They are slimy and I probably wouldn't have touched him either..poor guy!!