I cant believe that little baby K is coming in a week from now. So exciting. I cant wait to meet him and I cant wait for Jett to have a little brother. I am so so happy. Cant even explain it.
Now, on for my concern. Chad's wonderful boss is so good to Chad and I. He is always helping pay for his school and things like that. Well, last March he told Chad about a cruise he wanted to send both of us on. It is all paid for and we wont need ANY MONEY for it. Well, I immediately asked when it was and was told November 27 - December 4...UMMMM, thats a negative. My little K will only be two months old. Well, Chad went ahead and told him we would go. Of course I WANT TO GO, but actually going is another thing. Well, I figured I had months to make up my mind. I have been nervous about it for a long time. The other day his Boss called and said the cruise was cancelled for our saftey. I secretly was jumping up and down, problem solved. I didnt have to leave my baby and I wasn't the nasty mean person to make it happen. Well...before I could celebrate too much he said BUT I AM SENDING YOU TO HAWAII INSTEAD! Hawaii, a place I have always wanted to explore. Mexican Cruise I can live without....but Hawaii. It is two days shorter than the cruise and I wont be stuck in the middle of no-where for four days, unable to call my boys. Chad and I cant afford a weekend getaway let alone a Hawaii vacation. I want to go so bad, but my heart isnt in it because of my babies. Jett and little K will be without me. Plus, I breastfeed my babies. What if I cant get enough milk supply saved? What if K doesnt want a bottle? What if he doesnt want me when I come home?
So, my question is...would you leave your two month old for 5 1/2 days? Is 2 months to young? Do you think the breastfeeding will go on without a problem? Help me. I am so excited to go but I am devestated at the thought of it. It consumes my thoughts. I cant leave Jett and Kaleb....
5 comments:
Okay, I say go to Hawaii. 1- You and Chad won't get another chance to go for a while and if you have parents or someone that will be with your boys they'd be taken care of. 2- FREE trip to Hawaii! 3- I think he'll be fine and breast feed when you get back. 2 months old and he'll have gotten the hang of nursing enough that he won't be thrown off. I know, get the boob thing from Meet the Fockers!! Problem solved! Ü Start pumping Cristel!!
Ah! That would be such a hard thing! Is there any way you could just take the baby with you?? Just an option...But I say, you cant miss out on the awesome opportunity to be able to spend the time with the hubby in Hawaii! I don't think that you should feel guilty one bit if you decide to go...He will be happy and taken care of with your family!?? Sorry I cant be more help! Good luck with your decision... :)
Cris - I know I'm not a mommy and can't completely understand, but I say go for it. Like the other comments, when would you get this chance again? You and Chad both need this and it would be a nice chance to spend some quality time together. Plus, you know the little guy will be well taken care of at home. Go, enjoy and may the pump be with you! :-)
Hey Krystal, I TOTALLY understand how you are feeling.. this happened with us last year when Navy was just 3 months old my husbands work sent him on a trip to jackson hole.. ( ya i know WAYYY closer than hawaii ) but still TOO far for me to be away from my baby! I chose not to go, even though my mother in law offered to watch them. I really regret that decision now, things like this don't happen often, and if you have family willing to watch him, he'll be fine. I don't breast feed though, so that wasn't an issue with me. But hawaii is amazing ive been there before!
I'm no mother, but I would try and go too! By two months your baby should be strong enough to last 5 days without you. But no one would give it a second thought if you chose not to go either... that is a hard decision. But in the long run, are you going to regret 5 less days with your baby while he mostly sleeps all day, or regret missing on the chance to go to Hawai, maybe ever?
Post a Comment