Thursday, March 31, 2011

5 down...Eternity to go!!!

We were so cute and young!!!
Really wishing my hair was that way again!
BOUNTIFUL TEMPLE 2006
Reception at the Clinton Meeting House

5 Wonderful Years since I married Chad, Chaddy, Chud, Chuckles (just kidding, thats not really one of the nicknames!) Anywho, TODAY IS OUR FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!
Chad and I met in 11 grade. BUT, he was kind of starting to date my BFF so I didnt think much of him. We would randomly see each other here or there for the next year and half. Then, we ended up both working at IRS our senior year. Still nothing! After graduation (no longer dating my BFF) he got a job at the gas station I was working at. So, we worked together there. BUT...I thought he was a little annoying and I couldn't get past him dating my friend. How could I do that? Then, our friend STEVE (don't let him know I am admitting he is the reason!!!!) convinced me to go out with him. He explained what a good guy he was and that "what if you guys get married? you would give up marriage because he took your friend out a couple of times?" I caved; waited for him while he went on a mission... and the rest is history. I discovered he really was a great guy. An Amazing Guy!!!! He really is my best friend. We have had a great 5 years. Both have graduated from college. Had two AMAZING LITTLE BOYS! Bought a condo...still own the said condo if anyone wants it. Moved to another house until...well, until who knows when really? We've slammed doors and thrown shoes (ok, just me!) Yelled a couple of times. Seen an trillion movies together. Laughed. And, everything else. I love life. It isn't always easy and stress free, but Chad (and the boys) makes it all worth it. In the end, that is all that matters.
Happy Anniversary Lovie!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

The Wiser Family said...

Happy Anniversary guys!!! Love you!!

The Miller Family said...

You crack me up! I love how you write just like you would talk. I could literally hear your voice when I read this.

Happy Anniversary!!!

Heidi said...

Cristel--
I just stumbled across your blog and am going to add you to my list, hope that is ok. Our blog is private thegorderfam.blogspot.com (I have a public one to show updates though- gorderlife.blogspot.com). Hope you don't mind me peeking in.. is that creepy??!! haha you look so happy and congrats on 5 years.. ours is in August--time flies!! :) Talk to ya soon!

Kari said...

Oh come on you guys look exactly the same!! 5 years feels like such a big one huh?! Fun reading how it's not always perfect (shoe throwing! You're funny!) but in the end life is good!! Cute post!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

I still think you both look the same. You still look SO young. Happy Anniversary!!!

Sharli said...

Love the story, Happy Anniversary!