Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's funny...

How fast time goes!
Kaleb is already 8 months (on Tuesday). I cant believe it. It feels like it is rushing by. He is such a good little boy. He is so big and smart. He loves loves baby food. Well, any food for that matter. He does really well eating just about anything. He loved mash potatoes and the other day I gave him a french fry just to see what he would do and to my surprise he gummed it down and ate it just fine. He is starting to crawl. He will get on his hands and knees and rock back and forth, but then gives up. But, he still manages to get around. He just rolls. He is always laughing and smiling. He said Momma the other day. Im sure he didn't know what he was saying, but I take what I can get. He absolutely adores his big brother. He is happiest and most content when Jett is around. Which is weird, because Jett is constantly loving on him and mauling him. But, both boys enjoy it. Needless to say, all of us sure love him.



*Jett was throwing a fit and wouldn't get his picture taken. So, all the new pics are of Baby Cakes*
This last picture is funny. Everyday Jett wants me to build him huts and he always wants Kaleb to sit with him. BUT, this time Jett said the hut was "cool" so Kaleb couldnt sit it in (hence the cranky face). SO IT BEGINS!!! Jett will need to get used to his little brother wanting to hang out with him. I dont know how I got so lucky to have Jett as my boy. He is so funny and smart. He seriously is the BEST big brother. He has transitioned into having a brother so well. He loves to play games on the iPad still. He is still into Thomas. He constantly is saying "love you mom!" and he gives me hugs (mixed in with spitting on me and calling me stupid of course, he is 3 after all). He knows all his colors and can count to 10 and say his ABC's (well, most of the time he will recite them). He loves his bunny Hopper and loves to jump and be outside. He is so much fun and he is a crack up to be around. He says the darndest stuff. I get nervous when he is around "normal" families that he will say something off the wall ;) When he burps or farts (which is often these days) he yells "Nice One" curtesy of his dad. He thinks the proper word to say when tripping or something is "damn dangit" curtesy of yours truly (I start to cuss and then catch myself so he just went with it). He calls everyone stupid (which I hate). These are just a few of the random things that he does that crack me up and worry me a little. HE REALLY IS AMAZING despite he crazy parents :)

I guess this post is just a post for me to remember how sweet my boys are and how much I love them at this point. I am not going to kid everyone and say it is perfect. THIS MOM STUFF IS HARD. Most of the time I have to take a deep breath and count to 2O so I don't go coo-coo. But, there is definitely more good than bad times in my life. These boys bring so much happiness to me I will never be able to explain it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha I love the "damn dangit".. That is hilarious!

The Miller's said...

I agree, those are some pretty cute boys you have! Your such a GREAT mommy and as Brookie gets bigger and we have more kids I only hope that I can be as easy going and patient as you. I also love the "damn dangit" haha